Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front End Developer
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard-working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard-working team an independent, talented, top-notch Front End Web Developer with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
The CMS department is responsible for the implementation, customization, and day to day support of our clients’ websites, powered by our own SaaS CMS platform. Our diverse group of individuals supports over 200+ clients both domestic and international by bringing their unique designs and initiatives to the web and helping our clients focus on what they do best, marketing their destination.
As a Front-end Developer, you will be part of a team and be responsible for turning a design or technical specification into a functional and reusable component that is integrated into the Simpleview CMS. Together with your team lead and teammates, you will build components that comprise a full suite of tools for clients to manage and market their destinations online.
- Build performant components that adhere to the provided technical specifications and approved design or prototypes.
- Deliver quality, standards-compliant code that adheres to Simpleview best practices.
- Peer review your team’s work and deliver proper and timely feedback to ensure code completeness and cleanliness.
- Collaborate with team members and team lead to prioritize project tickets and meet deadlines for review and deployment.
- You have a deep understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS.
- You keep up with the latest technologies (CSS Grid, Flexbox, Web Animations API, Observers, etc.) and understand how and when to use feature detection, polyfills, @supports, and vendor-prefixes to provide cross-browser support.
- You are comfortable with templating engines like Mustache or Handlebars.
- You have experience using RESTful APIs in your applications.
- Familiarity with Vue.js or similar frameworks is a plus.
- Familiarity with progressive enhancement is a plus.
- Familiarity with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases is a plus.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page!