Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mobile App Developer
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard-working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard-working team an independent, talented, top-notch Mobile App Developer with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
VisitApps is our Mobile App Division responsible for maintaining and extending our mobile content management platform, the Mobile App Studio, and the implementation and support of our client’s apps. Our dynamic team of individuals supports over 80+ clients both domestic and international by helping them execute new marketing initiatives in their destinations using our mobile toolset.
As a Mobile App Developer, you will be responsible for the execution and build of new apps for destinations and organizations alike, powered by our Mobile App Studio. You will also be able to work with Client Success Managers to expand the platform’s features and help bring those offerings to the market.
- Build applications for both the App Store and the Play Store that are powered by our mobile content management platform.
- Collaborate with team members to identify upcoming platform changes driven by SDK updates on both iOS and Android.
- Evaluate client requests and propose solutions that best leverage the features of the platform and its integrations with other Simpleview products.
- Deliver quality, standards-compliant code that adheres to Simpleview best practices.
- Peer review your team’s work and deliver proper and timely feedback to ensure code completeness and cleanliness.
- Collaborate with team members and CSMs to
prioritize project tickets and meet deadlines for review and deployment.
- You have a strong understanding of Node, React and React Native.
- You keep up with the latest developments in mobile both iOS and Android.
- You are comfortable with switching development contexts, from
- working in app code to platform APIs, to interfacing and consuming 3rd party APIs.
- You have experience building and deploying systems in AWS and Firebase.
- You are well versed in Git and Github centric workflows.
- You have a good understanding of Flux Design Patterns like Redux and building Node REST APIs.
- Proven record of building applications using React Native and
- releasing these via the App Store and Play Store.
- Strong familiarity with AWS services like EC2, SQS, S3, and SNS.
- Experience developing apps in Objective C or Java.
- Experience integrating event tracking using Firebase for app analytics purposes.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page!