Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Developer-Automation
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard-working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard-working team an independent, talented, top-notch Quality Assurance Developer- Automation with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
The Quality Assurance Developer is responsible for testing and automation across the entire Simpleview product portfolio, which includes both desktop and mobile applications, such as a robust destination management system (DMS), streamlined content management system (CMS), engaging mobile applications), business intelligence tools (Destination Dashboards), and more. The Quality Assurance Developer will develop and implement automated testing solutions and frameworks across Simpleviews s application portfolio with a view to bringing in testing efficiencies, lowering costs and reducing cycle times. You will develop and maintain test automation frameworks, standards and help to create guidelines with the team while employing industry best practices. You will work with management and cross-functional teams to design and implement an overall QA automation strategy. You will work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams in an Agile environment and work with internal stakeholders and/or external partners in order to deliver modern, easy-to-use software to corporate and scale customers
- Learn and understand the functionality of the Simpleview Destination Management system (DMS) and Content Management System (CMS) applications and other current SaaS products.
- Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage.
- Develop new tests and tools for our products, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like CI/CD, and load balancing.
- Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated tests.
- Work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- Identify and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability, and quality.
- Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in various environments.
- Participate in scheduling and execution of test cases, inclusive of results analysis and metric reporting.
- Ensure the applications and products and/or releases follow the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
- Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Proven track record of creating and or enhancing complex SAAS based products. A portfolio of previous work is required
- Experience using test automation tools like Capybara, Watir, Selenium
- Relevant work experience in software development and/or test automation
- Knowledge of and experience with formal Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC); experience with Agile development a plus JIRA
- Experience using bug tracking software specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Passionate about understanding, defining and solving the problem
- Experience in creating automated tests/frameworks for web applications in multiple browsers and mobile applications
- Experience in creating and defining unit tests
- Relevant BA/BS or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years Quality Assurance experience and/or combined information systems analysis, design, development or implementation experience
- Ability to present a letter of recommendations or references as needed.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page!