Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer II
- Information Systems
▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶ About This Opportunity
The Role has the responsibility first and foremost, developing software our users need and helping to lead development/agile teams at 7-Eleven along with the Technical Lead/Manager, Software Engineering.
- Experienced development leader and Full Stack Engineer working with Modern Technologies and building cloud-based applications.
- Proficient in test driven and behavior driven development to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Actively engages in product and business discussions with a technical eye for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
- Focus on improving current software development practices and standards.
- Research new technologies to support 7-Eleven’s digital transformation vision.
- Fully familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies and development practices.
- Bachelors/4 Year Degree.
- 5-7 years experience, Complex System Design Skills and experience in producing software products related to development, monitoring and alerting.
- Extensive technical breadth with multiple disciplines: Software engineering, Integration, Data Security, Infrastructure etc.
- Extensive experience developing test automation framework and scripts using Selenium, Java, Rest Assured etc.
- Extensive experience in analytically examining bug reports, prioritizing necessary tests, and streamlining application functions through automated testing processes.
- Full Agile/Scrum methodology experience: from design through development, testing, implementation, production and support on a minimum 2-week sprint schedule.
- Leadership: Mentorship of Junior evel engineers, make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale.
- Personal and Professional Skills: ability to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders of the project, including those who do not have a technical background and possess exceptional troubleshooting skills to asses quickly complex programming applications. Stays on the leading edge of software development tools and best practices.