Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer II - FullStack
- Information Systems
? Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
? How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
? About This Opportunity
- Develop new products/features for web that adhere to best practices, is easy to understand and are efficient.
- Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature.
- Architect and design the technical solution and implement the solution.
- Deliver a hybrid user experience to be easily portable between web and mobile.
- Explore, assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving.
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders and other technology teams.
- Actively engages in product and business discussions with a technical eye for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
- Identify and analyze open source/market solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Expertise in Node.JS development (Such as event loop, cluster, memory management).
- Expertise in building solutions on top of AWS such as Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, S3 and others.
- Expertise in building RESTful web services.
- Expertise in NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Strong experience in single page application frameworks using ReactJS.
- Understanding of MVC structure and development patterns.
- Experience working with modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications).
- Strong experience in working with DevOps and Build pipelines.
- Expertise in development of Unit Test cases and Testing frameworks and scripting.
- Experience working with enterprise technology platforms.
- Strong experience with development methodologies such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies including enterprise application integration, database design and configuration, web applications, operating platforms, security and networking.
- Ability to drive design/architectural path.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills.
- 7+ years server-side development experience.
- 2+ years Node.JS API development experience.