Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Software Engineer - AWS with Node.JS
- Information Systems
? Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
? How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
? About This Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Software engineer who is capable of being an architect and a lead developer for a team that is responsible for building highly performant and scalable APIs and Microservices. Your primary focus will be on designing, developing and deploying highly complex, highly scalable and highly available micro services on cloud. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and architecture, and quality product is important.
- Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature.
- Architect and design technical solution for complex business problems.
- A lead developer who can be a hands-on architect for the team.
- Ability to lead and mentor other developers on the team.
- Explore, assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving.
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders and other technology teams.
- Actively engages in product and business discussions with a technical eye for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
- Identify and analyze open source/market solutions.
- Master’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs and Microservices using NodeJS and Java.
- Expertise in NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- In depth understanding of AWS cloud architecture, configuration, and management.
- Experience with deploying micro services on cloud leveraging high scalability and high availability design patterns.
- Strong Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes containerization, EC2, Fargate, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Lambdas, Auto Scaling, S3, and Kinesis.
- Strong understanding of authentication and authorization frameworks, cloud-based access, and security controls.
- Strong experience in working with DevOps related practices such as CI/CD, infrastructure automation, and infrastructure as code.
- Expertise in development of Unit Test cases and Testing frameworks and scripting
- Extensive experience working with large scale enterprise technology platforms.
- Strong experience with development methodologies such as Agile or SCRUM.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills.
- 10+ years of API development experience (Java and NodeJS).
- 3+ years NodeJS API development experience.
- 5+ years AWS cloud experience.
- Experience in retail domain is a plus.