Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Programmer Analyst
ADP is hiring an Associate Programmer Analyst! In this position you will perform a development role on projects for application and system integration/extraction by estimating total effort to complete user stories, program and unit test to the specification, provide test support, coordinate migration to production, triage and resolve reported issues; for Implementation projects perform programming and unit testing per specification, triage and resolve reported issues.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
Solution Design & Application Knowledge:
- Understands base application in order to suggest options to implement client requirements, as well as determine feasibility and appropriate delivered tool (e.g., Data Exchange, Black Box, ad Connection, ADP Reporting, Universal Import, Carrier Connections or customization).
- Seeks out opportunities to leverage best practices and reusable objects to meet requirements in an efficient and effective manner.
- Able to use delivered tools to meet business requirements, such as configuration of Black Box, MR2000 or ADPR for HR/Payroll products, Universal Import, ADP Connection for ERP-HR system integration with WFN, and ADP Reporting for report and data extractions.
- Understands when delivered tools are not able to meet client requirements, and recommends to client how to adapt to use delivered tools; when adaptation is not possible, uses customization re-use library, solution design guidelines and best practices to recommend and design a customization.
- Gathers requirements and writes specifications -- Collects, documents, manages, understands and communicates business and technical requirements for projects.
- Works closely with project managers and clients to obtain sign-off on functional specification.
- Collaborates with others to translate requirements into functional specifications and test plans.
- Prepares timeline for project, keeps timeline current to reflect project status, and manages client, partners and team to successful completion on-time, on-budget and with expected quality.
- Manages client expectations regarding budgets, key milestones, and related activities for projects.
- Ensures change controls are processed appropriately for changes in scope.
- Escalates to management when projects stall, budgets may be exceeded or when client has billing related questions/issues.
- Keeps case details, dates, budgets and other project related information up to date on a weekly basis.
- Clearly informs client and other stakeholders of project issues, challenges and status, as well as advises clients based on best practices and knowledge from related or like projects.
Standards and Process:
- Adheres to defined standards, processes, and procedures, including SAS 70, to create and manage work products.
- Knows at what point to inform and escalate to management versus seeking advice. Always prepared with recommendations on resolving situations.
Programming, Testing & Triage:
- Develops programs from functional specifications utilizing various programming languages and/or tools. Develops time estimates for programming assignments based approved requirements and knowledge of the programming tools to be used.
- Uses Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server / VSTS, C#, TypeScript, ASP.Net Core, OData, Angular, REST and SOAP APIs, MongoDB, SQL and Amazon Web Services (EC2 and RDS) to complete custom programming assignments, and delivered integration and extraction tools to deliver system integration as appropriate (e.g., ADP Integration Insight, Black Box, ADP Reporting, Data Bridge).
- Creates test plans, test data and conducts unit testing for all programming or integration assignments to ensure assignments are working correctly prior to release.
- Provides testing support to Custom Solutions, clients and partners as needed for other phases of testing, including system test, integration test, user acceptance test and parallel test. Makes the appropriate program or configuration adjustments based on feedback resulting from the testing process and maintains a record of expected versus actual test results.
- Follows defined processes for completing testing activities, including SAS 70 procedures.
- Modifies existing programs or system integration/extraction configuration based on approved business needs or upgrade requirements as required.
- Works with the appropriate team members and/or the client, as appropriate, to recommend the most efficient design for the modifications.
- Follows change request processes and notifies the project owner of requested changes. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- Up to 2 years of directly related experience.