Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Appl. Developer-61004G
POSITION SUMMARY [TABP enters]
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
At ADP, we're not just thinkers, we're doers. We foster an environment that encourages creative thinking and putting ideas to the test. We are consistently ranked on Fortune's "World's Most Admired Companies" and Forbes' "World's Most Innovative Companies" lists. That's some serious street cred, if we do say so ourselves. But just in case you need more, we know one of the key factors about working here is the amazing people you'll meet. We hire industry-leading professionals from all backgrounds and experiences with two core values in mind: passion and fun to work for After all, life's too short to work in a job with people you aren't absolutely in love with. (And we mean that in the most professional way possible.)
In this role, you will help create the best experience for ADP's Time & Labor Management solution that is part of Workforce Now's core HCM (Human Capital Management) offering. We are looking for innovative thinkers and doers who push the limits of technology with a "can do" attitude to get things done. As a Principal Application Developer, you are joining us during a time of transformation and growth that touch a range of solutions that span the web, mobile and IoT / hardware devices as well.
Join us in our NEW Innovation Center located in the heart of Pasadena featuring open floor plans, ample windows, and bright colors.
55 South Lake Drive
As a Principal Java Developer at ADP, we are looking for someone who's had real world experience in solving business problems. We're interested in learning your experience on Developing fault-tolerant, scalable and decoupled software solutions using the latest cutting edge technology and platforms. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. This position requires hands on coding & strong development experience. You will be part of agile environment working with a team of talented engineers, product owners & other stakeholders continually developing, deploying and testing application software.
In this role, you will be part of the Workforce Now (WFN) / Time & Labor Management division that provides a holistic human capital management time solutions for mid-sized companies domestically and internationally. You will apply your experience in all categories within WFN, which include payroll, HR, benefits and time. In this role, you will make positive contributions to strengthen our product experience that will allow ADP Workforce Now to be the leading global HCM provider.
- Responsible for building services and coming up with appropriate solutions to business problems
- Research, Design, Develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems/applications
- Prototyping solutions and recommending the adoption of new technologies and continually improve our client experience.
- Support Development and Deployment of application software releases to production and Non-Production environments
- Self-reliant, hands-on position on the team to lead and drive code quality, maintain application stability in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with architectural peers, product owners, UX/UI, Internal/External stakeholders and globally distributed teams to understand requirements and develop application in compliance to client needs
- Assist in the development of overall project plans and timetables, analysis and identification of intermediate deliverables
- Define engineering best practices and mentor teams to write elegant code using effective automated unit tests & Test Driven Development methodologies
- Develop specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple, dynamic priorities
- Works closely with business users to define application development frameworks and solutions for each application.
- Develop architecture and development strategies with developers and team members
- Develop and maintain application development across all layers: UI, services/API, mobile.
- Design, extend, and optimize existing framework.