Airbus Defense and Space
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology & Security Officer
at Airbus Defense and Space
- 11-Jun-2019 to 10-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Airbus Defense and Space, Inc. - Military Aircraft
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: Responsible for the overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions; including personal computers, voice and data services landline and wireless, network security and configuration, servers and printers.
- Recommend, manage and support procuring of software, servers, network equipment, printers/copiers and voice/data services 30%
- Ensure equipment is configured properly and running optimally, troubleshoot as necessary.
- Make necessary configuration changes to support dynamic needs of the Company's user base, while maintaining security standards.
- Maintain backup system to ensure all files are backed up and stored securely
- Ensure all servers and network equipment are configured in accordance with corporate guidelines and security requirements.
- Primary point of contact for TSA (Transportation Security Administration) and facility security and access control.
- Represent ADSMA as the Data Protection Officer; networking and sharing with Airbus entities across the globe.
- Maintain software contracts, licenses and subscriptions for all software used by the Company.
- Provide end user support: 25%
- Support end users: software installations and support, hardware support, troubleshooting, malware/virus detection and removal.
- Primary support for computers configured for Spain access. Work with counterparts in Europe to ensure end users have all necessary access to perform daily duties.
- End user support for Airbus specific programs Hub, My Pulse, etc.
- Support access to Technical Publications provided under TPRS.
- Company ERP system, Pentagon 2000SQL; and other equipment support: 20%
- Provide complete support for Pentagon 2000; supporting all modules used by each department.
- Develop and maintain custom SQL reporting, as required for each department.
- Manage leases and contracts for voice/data services, wireless services, and printers/copiers.
- Manage and support facility security system: 15%
- Ensure security controls are implemented in accordance with Company security requirements.
- Maintain all security badge access, expirations, and changes; monitor after-hours access log activities.
- Troubleshoot security-related issues as necessary.
Other duties as assigned: 10%
- Provide IT support for end users using corporate finance systems hosted in Europe.
- Provide recommendations on the improvement and growth of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Provide onsite IT support and communication for technical support systems in Europe.
- Maintain up to date electronic copies for Maintenance Manuals provided by ADS Spain.
- Manage Company intranet site hosted within ADSI's SharePoint site.
- Departmental support with KPI development, processes within Pentagon.
- Coordinate support and implementation activities with corporate office.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training
- Bachelor's Degree or minimum 5 years' experience in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years' IT related experience
- 8 + years' experience preferred
- MCSA / MCSE certifications preferred
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Must have demonstrated leadership and excellent organizational abilities
- Knowledge of a variety of concepts, practices and procedures within the IT infrastructure, including: LAN/WAN, MPLS, and VPN
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions with little or no supervision
- Must have a high degree of integrity due to the confidential nature of the activities involved in this position
- Must be knowledgeable of TSA security requirements as it relates to the security of the facility.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Must understand, read and write proficiently in the English language
- Must be able to read and understand appropriate manuals, schematics, and technical information necessary to perform duties
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2012 R2
- System Link software for access control
- DHCP/DNS/Active Directory/Group Policy
- Proficiency with Cisco networking preferred
- Microsoft Office
- VoIP (Voice Over IP) telephony
- LAN/WAN/VPN technologies
- VMware ESXi
- Microsoft Exchange / SharePoint server support
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Data Tools
- 15% Travel is required for this position. Occasional travel within the continental US is required, with international travel a possibility.
- US citizenship is required
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Make procurement decisions for hardware and software to support business needs.
- Network infrastructure design decisions to support growth and expansion of business site.
- Must be able to communicate to management the IT requirements for business ventures and various projects.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This position is responsible for recommending IT equipment purchases, to include computers, servers, network hardware, copier leases, network security equipment, mobile and landline phones, etc.
- This position provides end users and facility support for emergency needs on-call and on-demand, as necessary.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved communication on a frequent basis with internal and external parties
Sitting, Standing, Walking, Speaking, Hearing, Vision, Manual Dexterity, may be required to lift up to 15lbs.
Equal Opportunity: Airbus Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus Group is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus Group provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Group does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Group does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus Group is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.