Airbus Helicopters, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aircraft Systems Installation (Contract)
at Airbus Helicopters, Inc.
- 12-Feb-2020 to 28-Feb-2020 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
This position is responsible for the systems installation of the aircraft for the final assembly line.
This assignment is expected to be approximately 3-6 months in duration.
- Prepare mechanical components at the station/work place/aircraft parking space
- Installation and manufacture: mark, prepare, assemble, adapt, torque and secure mechanical components and parts
- Inspect bonding as per order/GTI, drawing and specifications
- Check system functions
- Specialized in the one Area mentioned below:
- VTP and HTP installation, Hydraulic lines installation
- Installation in the Area of the Belly fairing and Flap installation
- Installation concerning Air conditioning and Fuel system
- MLG & Tank Test
- Gauging Test
- Other tasks as needed
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High School Diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
- The ability to successfully complete the following training provided by Airbus after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality training
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques
- Previous experience in a position with mechanical tools, cleaning and/or painting
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent
- Completed vocational training (Mechanics/Systems) preferred
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Aviation Production
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of System/Mechanical tasks
- Good knowledge and experience in LEAN practices
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to work under high pressure
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time
- Carrying:able to occasionally carry up to 55lbs/25kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting:able to occasionally lift up to 55lbs/25kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting:able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing:able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel:able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Walking:able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered. Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.