ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineer - Lakewood, CO
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Flatwater Group is the Government Products Division of Ho-Chunk, Inc., the award-winning economic development corporation owned by the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. The companies of the Flatwater Group offer a broad variety of products and comprehensive business solutions to clients throughout the United States.
Provides support to Government regarding mechanical engineering issues related to the development of renewable energy resources and furnishes guidance in the conservation and development of these resources. Provides technical advice and support to the Government for tribal renewable energy development programs. Evaluates the feasibility of planned projects from multiple views - financial feasibility, technical viability, operational viability, and practicality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives and involves conventional types of plans and specifications. Work is reviewed for the application of sound professional judgment.
- Performs design calculations and prepares equipment or material specifications.
- Ability to perform designs using relevant design software. Assignments require the investigation of a limited number of variables and supervisory assistance is provided on unusual problems.
- May supervise or coordinate the work of designers and other technical support personnel.
- Learning Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Minimal travel required for this position. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
- Broad technical knowledge of renewable energy technologies and applications including photovoltaics, concentrating solar thermal, wind, geothermal, liquid fuels (ethanol, biodiesel, bio-oil), power production (combustion, gasification, pyrolysis, fuel cells, micro-turbine), facility heating, biomass resource harvesting and processing, and co-generation.
- The Government will provide specific knowledge and skills required on an as-needed basis to ensure the Contractor can successfully fill positions in this labor category.
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Public Trust clearance required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned