ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Programmer - Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Programmer is responsible for programming and designing web-based and technology-based enhancements in accordance with an established Instructional Systems Design model, Training and Performance Standard Operating Procedures, and Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) standards. This position requires the incumbent to work closely with instructional designers, program offices, subject matter experts, multimedia specialists, and distributed learning designers to design and develop programming that supports lesson content and instructional design ensuring FLETA standards are met. The position is based at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA.
· Supports distributed learning designers and multimedia specialists with object-oriented programming tools;
· Assists distributed learning designers in determining appropriate training platform;
· Provides support for simulator devices and local network connectivity;
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technologies in the computer science field and make recommendations for program improvements;
· Maintains professional competence and specialized knowledge base by keeping abreast of emerging themes and best practices in multimedia and graphics methodology;
· Occasional local travel may be required;
· Employee will require some supervision and has a growing opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, programming or related area;
· At least three (3) years of relevant work experience preferably in a training or education environment;
· Intermediate knowledge of HTML and objected oriented programming;
· Intermediate knowledge of programming software to design and produce interactive multimedia presentations;
· Knowledge of current authoring systems, software and hardware needed to program, such as Lectora and Captivate;
· Knowledge of a variety of methods, techniques and materials used in the design, production, and reproduction of visual products;
· Experience in one or more of the following computer skills: C++, Java Script, Perl, and object oriented languages;
· Experience in an enterprise collaborative tool, such as SharePoint;
· Experience in the use of Adobe CS, Adobe Flash, Visual Basic, 3D Studio Max preferred;
· Experience with mobile applications preferred;
· Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent written and spoken command of the English language;
· Must be proficient in different operating systems, such as the Windows environment.
Must be a U.S. citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance.