ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Job Reference #: 2366
The Database Administrator will maintain databases by planning, monitoring, conducting changes, and improving performance. Work extensively with end users, organizational departments and external vendors to analyze system errors, identifies solutions, and optimizes processes for end users and related departments. Researches and analyzes best practices for application to assigned projects for optimal design and execution.
- Designs, develops, installs, implements, and maintains databases in support of the federal government
- Performs day-to-day operational database administration duties including but not limited to: database installation, configuration and maintenance, upgrades, patching, implementing backup/recovery, continuous monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, and site failover/switchover.
- Monitors the ongoing operations and maintenance of databases and provides database tuning to ensure reliable and optimal performance.
- Analyzes and resolves database issues and problems and conducts and participates in troubleshooting efforts.
- Works with the database and developments teams to analyze and determine database requirements and database specifications.
- Conducts database design and performance evaluation reviews.
- Prepares and maintains database dictionaries and system documentation and logs.
- Responsible for database backup and recovery.
- Supports database integrations with other databases and systems.
- Refines and automates regular processes, tracks issues, and documents changes.
- Shares domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Independently analyzes, solves, and corrects issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience directly within functional area
- Minimum seven years of MSSQL database administration experience
- Experience managing MSSQL SQL Servers 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Experience in designing, implementing, managing and tuning SQL Server
- Strong experience in Disaster Recovery and High Availability technologies
- Experience in database consolidation, migration and upgrades
- Strong experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Experience in Maintenance of SQL Server, Indexes, Statistics, SQL agent, Jobs, Users and Security, etc.
- Experience in planning and implementation of auto backup (Log, Differential and Full) and database recovery
- Strong knowledge and experience in database performance tuning and optimization
- DBMS hardware knowledge with good understanding of memory, CPU, SAN, RAID, I/O and other capacity related components
- Experience with Azure cloud is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, keen attention to detail, flexibility in adapting to changing environment, timely follow-through, and a commitment to learning new skills are required.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills and the willingness to be proactive and take initiative are required.
- The ability to build and use effective working relationships and to work independently as an effective team player are required.
Security Clearance: Must be a U.S. citizen and possess and maintain a SECRET clearance.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!