Arizona Community Physicians
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EPIC IS Position - Clarity and Cogito Database Administrator
at Arizona Community Physicians
Become part of Arizona Community Physicians (ACP), Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a patient-centered organization consisting of approximately 900 employees. Our group includes 150+ providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, and gynecology. We are located in 58 locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley and Green Valley. Our dynamic group offers lots of opportunities for professional growth and personal satisfaction.
Our IS Department is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our collaborative team in delivering excellence in systems management and user support. This role is a contract position requiring a minimum of 40 hours a week for the duration of the project. Our IS Department is comprised of a skilled team of application and systems support and management professionals. This position is located in our Executive Central Business Office where employees enjoy a casual and professional work environment.
Under general direction, maintains integrity of the application and associated system environment. Performs application upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination. Coordinates disk space planning and management. Maintains growth statistics, space forecasts, tape libraries, and software and hardware inventory. Monitors and maintains continuity with system software licensing and maintenance agreements. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Provides recommendations regarding hardware and system software planning and budgeting. Maintains production change control schedule and participates in change control. Schedules application installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Implements application enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Additional responsibilities include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Installs and upgrades system software and related tools/utilities
- Plans and manages system resource needs
- Controls and monitors user access to system
- Designs and administers system backup and recovery processes
- Designs and administers system configurations
- Support system operations
- Monitors and optimizes system performance
- Modify system configuration/components, as needed, to address performance issues
- Support application development activities, as needed.
- Job Related Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize projects. Previous experience in a large organization working with integrated systems.
- Knowledge of provider credentialing process and systems.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Excellent data management skills
- Strong attention to detail & processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, with a high level of accuracy and speed and exhibit a willingness to work with deadlines.
- Willingness to participate in a diverse team environment
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Windows server administration experience or training
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting on your chosen platform (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle), Windows Server, and IIS
- Clarity Administration Certification
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare data
- 3+ years of experience working with EHRs/EMRs
- Strong knowledge of and ability to build interfaces using interface engines, preferably Mirth
- Familiarity with a variety of database types and interfaces (Microsoft Access, Oracle, various text formats, ODBC, OLE DB)
- Epic Clarity certification or willingness to obtain within three months of hire, per business needs
- Direct experience in bridging the gap between end user requirements and technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a related field requirement. Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience may meet this requirement.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills to quickly diagnose resolve issues
- Positive, proactive, take charge attitude and attention to detail
- Able to learn in a self-directed, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines for multiple, concurrent projects