Arizona Community Physicians
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EPIC IS Position - Interface Analyst
at Arizona Community Physicians
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
Become part of Arizona Community Physicians (ACP), Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a patient-centered organization consisting of approximately 900 employees. Our group includes 150+ providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, and gynecology. We are located in 58 locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley and Green Valley. Our dynamic group offers lots of opportunities for professional growth and personal satisfaction.
Our IS Department is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our collaborative team in delivering excellence in systems management and user support. Our IS Department is comprised of a skilled team of application and systems support and management professionals. This position is located in our Executive Central Business Office where employees enjoy a casual and professional work environment.
The Qvera and Bridges Interface Analyst will be responsible for development of interfaces between legacy systems and the Epic EMR modules. Applicant will need to act as a liaison, working with both vendors and end users during this development to meet project goals and needs. Applicant should be knowledgeable about Healthcare industry policies, procedures, and business operations that relate to EMRs. Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, testing and other technical issues associated with the interfaces. Responsible for producing standard documentation for interfaces (Business requirements, end to end diagrams and mapping document). This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Able to articulate technical concepts to technical/non-technical members on the team
- Extensive experience with HL7
- Work in rapidly changing environment
- Excellent documentation and handoff skills
- Must have a strong understanding of testing processes and procedures
- Must have a strong understanding of workflow/process within the hospital and clinic setting
- Ability to self-manage
- Strong leadership background
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Energetic with strong desire to learn
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Job Related Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize projects. Previous experience in a large organization working with integrated systems.
- Understanding of billing/revenue cycle and how integration of other applications can affect the process.
- Knowledge of provider credentialing process and systems.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent data management skills
- Strong attention to detail & processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, with a high level of accuracy and speed and exhibit a willingness to work with deadlines.
- Willingness to participate in a diverse team environment
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Job Related Knowledge
- Experience with Change Management processes or operations improvement initiatives in a health care system regarding HL7
- Two (2) years’ experience providing end-user support for enterprise applications.
- Two (2) years’ experience training end users on the use of an electronic health records system using best-practices.
- Two (2) years’ experience working with third-party vendors for application support and implementations.
- One (1) year experience with interface development using HL7 standards.
- One (1) year experience developing training materials to include written documentation, classroom-based presentations, and online videos and interactive training materials.
- One (1) year experience troubleshooting and identifying solutions for applications issues.
- One (1) year experience administering and maintaining a patient portal for access to their health records.