Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 08/29/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Developer. This position completes written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature and in full scope of requirements. As directed by project manager or project leader, develops and/or modifies computer programs of the highest level of complexity. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performing technical systems analysis tasks
* Testing and debugging programs
* Coding and modifying programs
* Participating in system testing
* Performing user requirements systems analysis tasks
* Reviewing, discussing and comprehending assignments with project leader
* Documents programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the complex coding of a variety of computer programming language(s) (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET and ADO,NET)
* Broad knowledge of web technologies, including HTML, XML, ActiveX; .NET framework and relating operating systems relevant to the environment being used by the agency
* Experienced in SQL 2000 and above, Oracle and relational database structures; COM/DCOM and ODBC, MS AZURE or cloud based technologies
* Conversant in Object Oriented Terminology and Techniques, Visual Studio, Web Services, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
* Complete lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
* Skilled in the development and execution of project workplans
* Formal training, work experience and a basic aptitude for the discipline
* Work experience in a Systems Project Lead or Management position
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.