Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 05/08/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Systems/Network Supervisor. Under the general guidance of the Chief Information Security Officer this position will be responsible to develop and implement large projects that impact data systems operations of AHCCCS. The position will perform troubleshooting and provide technical support activities with AHCCCS applications and operations staff that will assist in proper usage software installation tools to improve and update software. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Direct the design, development and implementation of medium to large projects that impact data systems operations of AHCCCS and various other agencies.
* Directs subordinates the final implementation of application
* Assist in the formulation and establishment of agency objectives for the agencies automation practices.
* Train staff personnel in the technical aspects of the products installed on the Network such as, WinServer, Linix,
* Evaluate and monitor application/system performance, making recommendations in writing that would enhance
* Assist in the establishment of policies and procedures to ensure that the agency and the divisions goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Principles of work leadership and management
* Knowledge of project development, project planning, analytical techniques and product evaluation techniques
* Knowledge of proper written and verbal communication techniques, styles, presentation methods and techniques
* Managerial oversight skills
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
* Ability to identify and adapt to changing operational issues
* 10+ years of experience in systems development, project management, computer operations, communication networks, database administration, or technical services
* 7+ years of experience in managing a medium to large network structure
* 5+ years in vendor management and/or work with a government agency
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.