Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona State University
Arizona State University
DI Data Innovation
Translate business needs and questions into technical solutions; configure and use Business Intelligence (BI) tools to create report and query objects; provide BI tools support to business users; write scripts to extract, transform and load source data into the data warehouse; develop and maintain metadata and data models.
Depends on experience
- Provides leadership and technical guidance to support staff on application testing and integration in a global environment with 24 x 7 supports.
- Coordinates, administers and manages Ascential DataStage project work in a global environment; establishes and manages to milestones and scope/deliverables to ensure timelines and objectives are successfully achieved.
- Works closely and collaboratively with end users and business analysts to ensure close integration between BI environment and business requirements.
- Provides Ascential DataStage performance tuning, analysis and recommendations for ease of support, automation and maintenance.
- Works closely with systems area to ensure settings and server configurations are optimized for a multi-server environment; troubleshoots BI tool problems and tunes for performance optimization.
- Designs and manages a variety of BI tools and applications; creates and delivers end user training and documentation.
- Performs software upgrades in a multi-server environment; applies patches as required.
- Performs change management of objects from development to QA and QA to Production environments.
- Performs and/or coordinates integration testing of technical and functional requirements, documentation review for edits/revisions as appropriate to ensure ongoing relevancy and accuracy.
- Performs regression testing of objects to identify potential anomalies and/or errors.
- Works closely and cooperatively with development team on project design; makes recommendations for change to enhance support and usability.
Bachelors degree in a business, information technology or closely related field and three (3) years experience in data modeling or database design using SQL or similar language and use of ETL process analysis and design, BI tool use and administration as well as user training/documentation development experience OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge with cloud computing concepts
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Business Intelligence tool architectures, functions, and features
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL and relational and multidimensional designs.
- Experience with source and target data structures, ETL processes, and products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts, principles and practices.
- Evidence of having strong problem solving and metadata skills.
- Experience with relational and dimensional data modeling and database design skills.
- Experience with design review, analysis, trouble-shooting, code review, implementation and integration for applications.
- Experience in translating business needs and requirements into technical solutions, reports, views and query objects.
- Evidence of effective communication, conceptual and technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Communicate to perform essential functions
- Drive University vehicle and/or cart to campus site
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 56987BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.