Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona State University
Arizona State University
IT Service Transformation
The Middleware Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and operation of bots, application integrations, and web services as needed to advance the interoperability of enterprise collaboration, workflow, and productivity platforms in the University Technology Office (UTO) and Arizona State University environment. This role will work with the IT Service Transformation team to design, develop, and implement technical solutions that leverage existing software platforms, industry best practices, and emerging standards to advance the mission and vision of the UTO and ASU.
Depends on experience
• Develop, implement, maintain and support integrations between enterprise collaboration, workflow, and productivity platforms
• Configure, customize, script, and develop application integrations
• Document code, technology, processes, and procedures
• Gather feature requests from customers and potential customers, write user stories to respond to requests as appropriate, and groom product backlog
• Document and maintain policies and procedures for integrations with enterprise collaboration, workflow, and productivity platforms
• Load, transform, and maintain data between enterprise systems
• Create dashboards, views, and reports as needed to illustrate platform and integration performance and demonstrate business value
• Monitor health, usage, and performance of integrations; serve as point of contact for technical support (within university and externally)
• Act as liaison between UTO internal teams and developers across ASU; communicating questions, in addition to coordinating updates, and changes as needed
• Establish and maintain effective communications with customers and other IT professionals
• Work with vendors and suppliers as needed to analyze and resolve break/fix issues
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field AND four (4) years experience providing information technology services; OR, Eight (8) years experience providing related information technology services, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery tools and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to six months of experience.
• Experience with webhooks, Web Services, and APIs
• Experience as a Slack administrator
• Experience in the management and administration of production integrations of enterprise SaaS products
• Evidence of self-directed efforts to improve technical skills
• Evidence of relevant industry certifications (Scrum, DevOps, ITIL, Lean IT, etc.)
• Use PC, sit or stand for extended periods of time
• Travel as needed to ASU metropolitan campuses
• Walk moderate distances to perform work
• Use hand/fingers for repetitive motion (keyboarding/typing)
• Communicate both orally and in writing to perform essential duties
• Make regular presentations to technical and non-technical audiences
• Read/interpret written and oral instructions/directions
The mission of the University Technology Office is to provide technology leadership for the New American University. The UTO helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 54151BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.