Arizona State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PEOPLESOFT APPLICATION DEVELOPER ASSOCIATE
at Arizona State University
PeopleSoft Application Developer Associate
Arizona State University
DEV ERP & Integration
Works on both general and mission critical PeopleSoft projects by performing analysis, design, and modifications leading to an effective tool for use by end-users.
Depends on experience
- Provides technical analysis to support requested modifications from business users.
- Develops requested improvements to the PeopleSoft application while working with a business analyst who provides detailed requirements and a testing plan.
- Works with end-users to troubleshoot problems, research solutions, and implement fixes.
- Identifies system performance issues and assists with system tuning.
- Investigates PeopleSoft functional usage to assist other developers or business analysts.
- Prepares reports summarizing findings, alternatives, and recommendations.
- Performs research, including conferring with PeopleSoft/Oracle, to resolve technical questions and problems related to the HRSA application.
- Prepares, promotes and adheres to written procedures, system specifications, programming guidelines, and other necessary documentation.
Associate's degree in Computer Science or similar; intermediate level SQL & basic programming knowledge OR equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and use of data structures in business applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and use of programming algorithms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of system specification standards and applications programming.
- Experience in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Experience in analytical/problem solving skills and techniques applied in a work environment.
- Evidence of effective communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in system testing.
- Experience in analyzing and problem solving.
- Experience in meeting deadlines while working concurrently on multiple projects.
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail.
- Experience in prioritizing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in presenting ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Experience in working with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with: PeopleTools experience, COBOL, SQR, Crystal Reports.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of the Campus Solutions or Human Capital Management modules. Java, HTML/XML skills.
- Evidence of being a PeopleSoft PeopleTools developer which includes knowledge of Page development, PeopleCode, and Application Engine coding. (1 year)
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- Drives University vehicle and/or cart to campus site.
Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
The University Technology Office embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 54267BR
To review the official HR listing please visit the link below.
Another window will open and allow you to review this listing and application process.
If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.