Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BT-1720 Software Engineer II
at Bastion Technologies
- Hazelwood, MO, USA
- Full Time
Team member working with aircraft health management software which uses post-flight data to acquire and manage aircraft health and usage data, perform health and usage assessment, update aircraft configuration, and recommend maintenance actions.
As a Software Engineer 2 you will assists with the development, test, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Activities are expected to be approximately 70% software development, 20% testing and 10% documentation, but percentages may change depending on business needs. Proficient with five (5) years of software desktop developer experience with C# and develop code in accordance with government best practices.
- Advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science. Bachelor degree required
- 2-5 Years of Experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a national agency check
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Object oriented programming experience
- Java programming experience
Other Desired Skills:
Preferred skills and/or experience:
- Strong OO experience with C++ and/or Java
- Experience with web technologies and languages such as Java (web developer), Adobe ColdFusion.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (eg., MS SQL and Oracle DB).
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short period of time.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and utilization on micro services is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of application containerization and Cloud computing is a plus.
- Familiar with the CM, Test and IA processes generally associated with deploying production web-based business solutions.
- Able to contribute in all activities and steps that form the software development process with an emphasis on design, implementation, testing and deployment.
- Able to analyze data and determine and document the best method of meeting customer requirements.
- Able to work directly with the functional experts and the customer in the design of software and clarification of requirements.
- The focus of this position is on programming, software analysis, design and testing in a team oriented software development environment.
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEO