Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator - Data Center Services (2 Openings - 2 Shifts)
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,800 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
OPTION ONE: Sunday - Wednesday or Thursday (4/10's) or (5/8's) - 1st shift
OPTION TWO: Friday - Monday (4/10's) - 3rd shift
Purpose of the Job
Provides systems and application administration and monitoring, operational support, and application support.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with App/Dev, Agile and Infrastructure staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Research, analyze, track and resolve basic production problems – Troubleshooting skills and solutioning
- Perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Assist in establishing operational and enterprise support standards by working to define in partnership with infrastructure, development teams and agile teams for system configuration (including OS, Cloud, Application, etc); documentation, logging, etc, in order to create a sustainable enterprise compute environment which can be tracked and measured.
- Maximize system / application performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting system / application problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with IT server, network, storage, DBA and development personnel.
- Collaborate with supporting IT server, network, storage, DBA and development personnel.
- Enforce policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Integrate server backup, including database, e-mail, enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software and other applications.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform tests for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Assist end users with orientation and training on all modified and/or new systems.
- Participate on small to medium scoped projects
- Monitor and create priority list(s) that are agreed to by management
- Install new software releases, system upgrades
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Maintain data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Administration application level support.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any overtime as requested or needed to perform job responsibilities.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Skill / Requirements
Required Work Experience
- 3 years of experience supporting systems / applications, including enterprise monitoring – tools include Splunk, Extrahop, SolarWinds, MS System Center
- 1 year of experiences of supporting enterprise backup / restoration solutions utilizing CommVault
- 1+ year(s) experience with scripting or coding (e.g. Powershell, Bash, SQL, SPL, Python, etc)
- 1 year of experience implementing projects (small and medium scope)
- High-School Diploma or GED in general field of study
Preferred Work Experience
- 5 years of experiences of supporting enterprise system solutions
- 5 years of experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems, network and storage solutions
- Experience Supporting Private (VMware) and Public Cloud (Azure, AWS) Solutions
- 5 years supporting high level 24/7 production system environments
- 1+ years of experience implementing projects
- 1+ years Developing Enterprise Monitoring Solutions – custom solutions or building on enterprise tool
- Demonstrate an ability to code or write scripts (e.g. Powershell, Bash, Python, SQL, SPL, Lucene)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
- Certification A+
- Network +
- Backup / restoration vendor certification
Required Job Skills
- Strong knowledge of data processing and related standards
- Advanced backup/recovery proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, (e.g. Windows, Linux and cloud systems, networking and communication techniques)
- Scripting language (Powershell, Bash/Korn, Python, SQL, SPL, Lucene)
- Experience with and developing solutions with Network/Enterprise Monitoring Tools (e.g. SCOM, SolarWinds, ExtraHop, Splunk)
- Experience with and developing solutions with scheduling/automation tools
Required Professional Competencies
- Ability to enforce policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time contstraints.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Systems research and analysis
- Experience working with third parties
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Ability to build synergy with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management within the Corporation
Preferred Job Skills
- Strong knowledge, including hands-on experience in enterprise network / switching / routing.
- Excellent knowledge of systems monitoring, monitoring concepts, monitoring implementation and reporting.
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Systems research and analysis expertise
- Solid technical ability and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of internal departments and operations
- Ability to work with detailed information while keeping focused on the end goal
- Familiarity with ITIL processes preferred
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies