Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer III (Office 365/ Mobile/ Kanban/ Automation)
at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is a local, independent Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and a not-for-profit health insurance company headquartered in Phoenix. Founded in 1939, the company has more than 1,400 dedicated employees throughout its Phoenix, Tucson, Chandler and Flagstaff offices. Providing health insurance products, services and networks to more than 1 million Arizonans, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona offers various health plans for individuals, families, and small and large businesses. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona also offers Medicare supplement plans to individuals over age 65.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
Purpose of the Job
Ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. Monitors, maintains, supports, and optimizes networked software and associated operating systems. Identifies, communicates, and resolves issues to maximize benefit of IT systems investments.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Level 3 - Performs job functions with minimal supervision
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Participate in Infrastructure Review process for CPM managed projects.
- Ensure the department leverages internal tools and applications effectively
- Build, support, and maintain moderately complex processes, programs, and data
- Participate or lead small to medium scoped projects
- Develop programs, time estimates and project schedules based on prioritization and business requirements
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality programs
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.