Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate C-17 Technical Data Designer
Company:Boeing Aerospace Operations
Location:USA - Warner Robins, GA
Job Description Summary:Develops multiple publication elements for all levels of maintenance for a fielded equipment minor system or multiple sub systems. Collects, researches and analyzes source data and validates source data based on predefined and developed assumptions. Estimates the impact of the proposal or changes to the publication elements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Global Services is looking for an Associate C-17 Technical Publications Specialist to expand the team in Warner Robins, GA.
- Develops all publication elements for all levels of maintenance for a new or fielded major equipment system or multiple sub systems include theory of operations, flight manuals, testing and troubleshooting procedures, illustrated parts breakdown, removal and installation procedures and schematic diagrams.
- Resolves source data gaps and inconsistencies with originator.
- Develops draft illustration or provides art mark-ups.
- Updates publication elements based on internal/external reviews, source data changes and equipment modifications.
- Collects, researches and analyzes source data to include equipment requirements, maintenance concepts, task analysis documentations, work flows and concept of design to determine impact to technical publications.
- Identifies source data inaccuracies and takes corrective action.
- Validates source data assumptions.
- Conducts peer reviews of completed publication elements for overall technical accuracy and customers format standards/specifications.
- Supports customer verification reviews and takes corrective action based on outcome.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Minimum of 1 year experience reading and interpreting aerospace engineering drawings and specifications
Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts
Preferred Experience (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in aerospace production and maintenance
- Experience reading and writing technical orders
- Experience in at least two of the following areas: Support System Analysis, Spares, Provisioning, Technical Data, Training, Maintenance/Modifications and Support Equipment
- Experience with SGML
- C-17 Technical Publications experience
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 years' related work experience , 7 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:GDB7I2 (GDA)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.