Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Spacecraft Operations Systems Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Springfield, VA
Job Description Summary:Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Supports the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) organization is seeking an Associate Spacecraft Operations Systems Engineer to join our team in Springfield, Virginia.
The candidate will work at a spacecraft ground station as part of a Mission Operations team. The Command and Control Engineering team is responsible for all aspects of spacecraft operations and maintenance.
- Responsible for all aspects of spacecraft operations, including mission planning and/or monitoring and trending the on-orbit spacecraft telemetry looking for adverse trends that could affect operations, as well as planning and execution of all required spacecraft and ground system maintenance and recovery from spacecraft anomalies. This also includes ensuring the integrity of the ground system and operational software to maintain command and control.
- Coordinate with external groups on current and future ground system testing and integration; spacecraft launch, transfer and initialization (LT&I); as well as participate in war rooms in support of anomaly resolutions.
- Analyze technical data, verify and sustain specific system configurations in accordance with defined constraints and operational requirements.
- Coordinate with management and peers to ensure the integrity and continuity of high quality operational products including procedures, tools, detailed event logging, training material and system configuration.
- Create and collaborate on process improvements that aim to increase operational efficiency, for example, by developing new software tools, creating new operational procedures and increasing system automation.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A final U.S. Top Secret/SCI Clearance Pre-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance with CI Polygraph prior to starting
- Willingness to work a variety of fluctuating schedules (to include 24x7). The shifts would be rotating shifts to include working days, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to complete a certification program. The candidate will be provided specialized training (combination of self-study, in-class training, and on-the-job (OTJ) training) in order to learn the necessary skills related to the ground and spacecraft configuration management allowing them to obtain the necessary certifications required for this position.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Classroom or professional experience working directly with Aerospace Vehicles
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6K8CI2 (64R)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.