Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate System Engineer (Architecture and Definition)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Seal Beach, CA
Job Description Summary:Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Supports the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking a Systems Architecture and Configuration Engineer (Level 2) for Seal Beach, CA on 1st shift . The selected candidate will work for this dynamic Boeing program, you will join a highly collaborative, close-knit multi-disciplinary team.
- Works with others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system/software performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Develops, maintains and identifies improvements the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Ability to support multiple Agile Teams.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop System and SW build content release.
- Support stakeholder needs analysis, technical measure definition, requirements analysis, and allocation & definition for subcontractors, utilizing JIRA and Confluence.
- Support agile development meetings to become a technical focal point for communication to Boeing domain experts
- Implements COTS Development and Integration on AWS – cloud based architecture using SW and Scripting experience.
- Implements SW Development on a large scale of COTS integration with security hardening controls.
- Familiar with Atlassian Confluence JIRA
- Works on integration testing of build release from various multiple organizations to support to support validation of system and segment level testing and other type of events.
- Develop and maintain spec requirements for both ongoing activities and innovative new projects
- Utilize excellent teamwork and written/oral English communications skills
This position requires ability to complete a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) US Citizenship Required. Final investigation is required Pre-Start.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in COTS based systems/SW architecture.
- SW development and integration of large complex architecture system,
- AWS-cloud based experience or background.
- SW Development experience.
- A current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6K8CI2 (6C9)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.