Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Weapons Software Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Saint Charles, MO
Job Description Summary:Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Supports software project management and software supplier management functions. Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Troubleshoots software issues. Works under general supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Associate Weapons Software Engineer to develop, integrate, test, and deliver complex software solutions to join the Direct Attack Weapons Software group located in St. Charles, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization
The engineer will work with a multi-discipline engineering team to design, develop, and deploy operational flight software on precision guided munition weapon systems. The engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle to implement real-time embedded software applications for guidance, navigation, and mission management.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline engineering team to create and implement Operational Flight Program software solutions
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle in an Agile development environment
- Develop solutions using Ada, C#, and Python
- Test your software and assist system level testing to verify correct software functionality
- Analyze problem reports and troubleshooting software defects
- Develop leadership skills and experience
- Opportunity to work directly with United States Air Force and Navy customers
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Interim Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start).
- Ability to obtain Interim Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in developing software using Object Oriented principles
- Experience working in a team environment in a professional environment
- Experience with real-time embedded software development
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with Git or a similar version control system
- Experience with Ada, Python, or C#
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.W
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 2
Job Code:6J7BI2 (6D6)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.