Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Growler Block 2 Mission Systems Deputy (Experienced)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Saint Louis, MO
Job Description Summary:Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The EA-18G Mission Systems Avionics Integration & Test team has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to assist with the development and management of the Growler Block II (GB2) program in St. Louis, MO.
- Coordinating the development and execution of GB2 efforts within the on-going SCS Blocks across the Boeing enterprise and coordinating with the F18 Boeing Block Manager and USN customer for Block developments.
- Interfacing with all Mission Systems teams and other teams throughout the enterprise to ensure the Block development is properly planned and implemented.
- Providing engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
- Developing statements of work (SOWs) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements;
- Working with customers and management to obtain approvals;
- Responding to changes to SOW, assessing the impact and negotiating proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs, and schedules;
- Leading project execution to complete the work statement;
- Identifying performance metrics;
- Planning, identifying, and coordinating resources required over the life of the project or program;
- Defining plans for risk mitigation and opportunity;
- Comparing actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned;
- Providing technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans.
- Periodic short term travel will be required
This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance or higher. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of understanding regarding the current F/A-18 and EA18G avionics architecture or that of similar platforms is desired.
- 1+ years leading, managing, and coordinating avionics integration projects (including EVM) is desired.
- 1+ years estimating and contracting IDIQ efforts is desired.
- Previous design team or special project team participation is desired.
- A background in Electronic Attack and/or Electronic Warfare equipment and platforms is highly desired with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering classification.
- Experience with engineering tools associated with requirements development, configuration management and military avionics is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with RF, electronic warfare systems, data links and/or integration/test of complex avionics systems is highly desired.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6B1BI3 (664)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.