Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
KC-46 RVS Equipment Manager & Hardware Design Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Everett, WA
Job Description Summary:Leads work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches technology advances for potential application to company business needs. Makes recommendations for technology investments.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
The KC-46 Remote Vision System (RVS) Team is responsible for the boom and panoramic cameras that feed the remote vision displays that are the ARO primary input interfaces to configure and control the air refueling systems. The team works closely with equipment suppliers, flight test, production, and the military customer. We are seeking a senior-level Equipment Manager with experience in FAA and military equipment qualification and certification. A successful candidate must be willing to take ownership of the equipment assigned to them and drive the supplier towards successful certification of the equipment as well as the overall system and assist in the resolution of complex technical and compliance issues. This position is best suited to individuals who are self-starters, highly motivated, work well in fast paced multi-discipline team environments, and are able to work with quick decisions for the best interest of the business. This person has experience and some expertise in equipment management, qualification testing, physical and functional integration and installation design, resolving supplier technical issues, and FAA certification. The LRUs being developed include the 3D display system, Sensor LRU with visible and LWIR cameras, and the Video Graphics System.
This position will report to the KC-46 RVS group located in Everett, WA.
This is a union represented position.
An Equipment Manager is a senior engineer with relevant domain knowledge who is capable of managing an LRU through its life-cycle from development through production and sustainment:
- Responsible for requirements decomposition, traceability, verification, validation and compliance from the LRU(s) level to system level
- Responsible for managing LRU(s) SWAP-C and dynamic interface behavior
- Responsible for subsystem performance and integration from the LRU bench level to on aircraft installed performance
- Perform analyses and trades, develop requirements and interface specifications
- Analyze, verify, and validate performance of software and systems
- Responsible for managing LRU (s) through FAA and/or Military Type Certification
- Establishes relationships with supplier engineering and technical staff
- Establishes relationships with Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) Unit Members (UMs) and staff
- Works onsite at supplier or test facility when needed
- Has a track record of decision making and delivering results
- Assists IPT Manager by driving LRU supplier execution to plans
- Possesses excellent technical communication orally and in-writing
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or Physics is required
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive technical projects and issue resolution
- Relevant domain knowledge/expertise
- FAA certification experience
- Effective technical communication experience to all levels
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Extensive qualification test experience
- Test planning and setup
- Procedure/Report development and approval
- Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) and Platform level qual testing
- Coordinate with SWQA to achieve SW/FW qual as needed
- Experience establishing and maintaining part/test conformity to include the showing of SW/FW compliance
- Platform installation and checkout experience
- Military Type Certification experience
- LRU Sustainment Experience
- Proven technical subcontract management experience
- Demonstrate thorough understanding and execution of Risk Management
- Demonstrate experience in Change Management
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate technical scope with suppliers
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:6B1BI4 (664)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.