Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Test & Evaluation Engineer (Test Program Req & Planning)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Vandenberg AFB, CA
Job Description Summary:Develops and documents standardized test methods and processes to ensure repeatability and productivity. Leads the development of test procedures. Applies lessons learned to the improvement of test procedures. Designs calibration system/test fixtures. Develops data processing tools and algorithms. Generates calibration procedures and software. Guides others in the design of test hardware, software and systems to achieve test requirements. Oversees debriefing of the test team. Leads the analysis, processing and formatting of data to customer requirements. Approves test data prior to delivery to customer. Formulates expectations for test data based on historical data. Performs functions as required to ensure calibration system readiness and data validity. Trains others. Works under minimal direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Ground-Based Missile Defense, Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) organization is seeking engineers to support the Production, Integration and Testing of Ground Based Interceptors. This program is tasked by the Missile Defense Agency customer to produce, deliver and maintain Interceptors in support of the defense of the Nation. There is currently an opportunity for a Test & Evaluation Engineer at Vandenberg Air Force Base (AFB), CA, who will work within the GBI Integration and Test Team to support vehicle and system testing, accomplish data review and verify that the system is ready and sufficient to accomplish our goal of defending the nation. This position is based VAFB, but will include travel to support vehicle integrations and testing at Ft. Greely Alaska, and lab testing in the GMD Development Lab in Huntsville Alabama.
- Characterization and analysis of various subsystems for all phases of system operations
- Diagnosing problems in system and identifying the possible solutions to the system problem
- Supporting critical events that require the presence of engineering support to ensure flawless execution
- Monitor performance of subsystems, trend the data using analytical tools. As needed develop new tools to improve the ability to analysis the system data
- Responsible for anomaly investigations, fault isolations and recovery activities
- Support procedures and processes development that pertain to Integrated testing to be accomplished
- Perform and document analysis and design of subsystems to validate or assess the system design and/or modes
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Flight Test Data and Analysis
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Experience in MATLAB
- Experience with 1553 buses and Telemetry systems
- Experience in space/aerospace operations environment is desired
- Experience with implementing procedures to verify vehicle system state of health
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- Travel will be required (during peak Integration times up to 3 weeks at a time).
- Individual must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Individual must have strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:6L9BI4 (64D)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.