Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mid-Level Spacecraft Operations / Mission Planning Systems Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Las Cruces, NM, USA - Springfield, VA
Job Description Summary:Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer and /operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is currently seeking a Mid-Level Spacecraft Operations / Mission Planning Systems Engineer to join their team in Springfield, Virginia or Las Cruces, New Mexico.
The candidate will work at a spacecraft ground station as part of a Mission Operations team, and will be responsible for the mission planning or command and control responsibilities for all aspects of spacecraft operations and maintenance.
- Responsible for various aspects of spacecraft operations or spacecraft mission planning.
- Must perform monitoring and trending of spacecraft telemetry to find adverse trends that could affect in-orbit operations, or assess various factors to schedule a variety of spacecraft events.
- Also involved in planning and execution of all required spacecraft maintenance activities and recovery from spacecraft anomalies.
- This position will coordinate with management and peers to ensure the integrity of high quality operational products, including procedures, tools, detailed event logging, and system configuration.
- This position will be required to analyze technical data, verify and sustain specific systems configuration in accordance with defined constraints and operational requirements.
This position requires an active TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance with the ability to complete CI Poly Pre-Start. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with systems engineering involving the ability to plan, design, develop and verify technical solutions
- Ability to complete a certification program. Will be provided specialized training (combination self-study, in-class training, and on-the-job (OTJ) training) in order to complete the necessary certifications required for this position.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring of requirements management processes
- Experience resolving cross-functional technical issues
- Completed CI Polygraph
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master + 3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6K8CI3 (64R)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.