Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Integration Engineer (Experienced)
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Hazelwood, MO
Job Description Summary:Leads work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Researches technology advances for potential application to company business needs. Makes recommendations for technology investments.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The MQ-25 Program is the future of unmanned aircraft carrier aviation for the U.S. Navy! The MQ-25 Program is in need of an experienced Network Integration Engineer to join the Mission Management & Payloads team under the Mission Systems IPT in St. Louis, MO. The experienced network integration engineer will provide a network communication infrastructure to allow interconnections between various MQ-25 Subsystems. MQ-25 Subsystems includes voice, broadband, IP Networks, encryptors and managed services via government channels.
The Boeing MQ-25 Program has an immediate opportunity for an extremely talented network integration engineer who wants to contribute to teams having significant and measurable positive impact for the future. You will be working with a team to build the breakthrough features our customers will love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable. The network integration engineer is responsible for designing and implementing a network solution for the MQ-25 Program that allows for data exchange via network management and internet protocols (i.e., SNMP, TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, etc.) within the air vehicle environment. This role is critical in the continuous integration and deployment architecture, design, implementation, and testing processes to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality.
- Works with internal and external customers to develop and document requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
- Design, develop and manage network architecture/infrastructure that includes routers, switches, firewalls, virtual networks
- Document network designs, configurations and respective procedures to implement
- Develop and maintain detailed network diagrams, documentation and training material as needed
- Assists in developing architectures to integrate components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate network configuration and performance of designs to requirements
- Supports project management by preparing and presenting project status data
- Tests and validates network implementation to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Perform or support troubleshooting on network integration processes and complex configuration issues identified during design and test
- Support resolution of anomalies identified during lab, ground and flight test phases
- Perform and support test activities, and development of design changes required to resolve the above issues, to include diagnostic support and scheduling upgrades, as required.
- Perform or support activities required to prepare for and conduct major events such as design reviews, test, etc.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams (i.e., system software engineers, avionics integration, flight test, system engineers and etc.)
- Works under general supervision
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience as Network/Communication Engineer
- Some hands-on experience with configuring routers/switches
- Experience with working in a Mission Systems environment or systems engineering integration
- Experience with networking communications standards, IP Networking, and protocols
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or a minimum of (5) years of experience in antennas, RF systems, signal processing or computer networks
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work independently as well as within team
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge and techniques to solve programmatic challenges
- Practical knowledge of IP solutions for IPv4, PPv6, routing and switching, QoS, multicast
- Working knowledge to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, interfaces and designs for an aircraft network architecture
- Experience with software and hardware development activities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with network infrastructure including switching, routing, firewalling, voice
- Experience with designing and implementing different layer protocols within the OSI model (i.e., Layer 2/3)
- Experience with designing and implementing layer 2 routing protocols
- Understanding of network services (DNS/DHCP)
- Experience with network management, traffic analysis, performance characteristic via SNMP, TCP, etc.
- Experience with system integration testing (lab, ground and flight)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:6B1BI4 (668)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement
Boeing is a company of bold innovators and dreamers. We are continually looking for ways to build it bigger, smarter, faster, stronger and better. Join us and you can speed up airplane production. Develop innovative cybersolutions. Or shape a global supply chain. Find your future with us by learning more about what we do.