Cartwright School District #83
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrator Director of Information Systems
at Cartwright School District #83
Director of Information Systems
JOB GOAL: To supervise, maintain and operate all information systems hardware and software, including student management databases, in such a manner that maximum use can be made of them at all times and that accuracy is at the forefront.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in Computer Science or completion of course work related to the systems assigned and three (3) years of experience in areas of knowledge and skills listed below; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed below.
- Knowledge of Synergy, AzEDS, MacIntosh and Windows environment, computer networks, database management concepts, current computer operating systems, applications, peripherals, and software as well as data extraction and reporting principles.
- Ability to evaluate and diagnose data/information systems and accuracy.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work directions.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Work with all departments to ensure all data entry staff know the correct information to enter in all data fields within the district’s database (Synergy) and support them throughout the process.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of school funding codes and how it pertains to special/EL/Early Childhood education students.
- Work to establish protocols and systems in order to ensure data entry staff code all data correctly for prevention of errors.
- Accurately interprets error codes to ensure data entry staff are supported throughout the correction in order to upload accurate data to the state.
- Creates data extracts (queries) and produces reports from system databases.
- Input and update of data in order to disseminate on a cyclical basis.
- Maintain EL/SPED etc., data in synergy in order to maintain funding and accuracy to schools.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the overall activities of the Information Systems Department. Responsibilities include systems analysis and maintenance of computer operation activities as related to the District’s business operations, instructional programs, research activities, student management database and District web page.
- Resolves system hardware and software problems to include providing technical assistance and evaluation and troubleshooting systems.
- Creates and maintains web and client-based database systems including District website and materials to be delivered from a web-based environment.
- Trains and develops training material for District employees for all computer operation activities that deal with Synergy, AzEDS, and other pertinent programs/systems.
- Establishes security parameters for users including: assigning of security codes, setting up security access, setting up new user accounts and performing other related tasks.
- Maintains current knowledge of standard languages, coding methods and operations requirements.
- Performs additional work-related duties as assigned.
- Maintain RTI module in synergy.
- Maintain accurate annual census data as required by the Office of Civil Rights.
- Knowledge of information audit to ensure compliance with the State, Federal government, and Office of Civil Rights.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment year is twelve months.
Salary and fringe benefits as approved by the Governing Board.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: UNTIL FILLED
Cartwright School District No. 83
Haidee Ruiz, Human Resources
(623) 691-3911 FAX : (623) 691-4079
Job Contact Information
Monday, March 23, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)