Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Tech Certified
at Centura Health
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
The Surgical Tech works under the supervision of the surgeon and RN. Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed. Assists in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Basic Computer skills required.
- One year of experience in a surgical setting preferred.
- Experience in a specialty field preferred.
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technician program required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Current registration with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) as a surgical technologist for associates working in Colorado. * A person performing Surgical Tech functions within the scope of another Colorado license, certification, or registration does not need to register as a Surgical Tech required
- Certification in Surgical Technology from the National Board Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Certification as a Tech in Surgery (CST) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) required
Schedule - 7am-7pm M-F, on-call required
Physical Requirements-Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Parker Adventist Hospital
At Parker Adventist Hospital, we are committed to excellence in health care. Ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for patient satisfaction, our expert doctors and experienced medical teams provide the best health care and excel in more than 55 medical specialties, including nationally-accredited Joint and Spine Programs, Birthplace and NICU, Cancer Center, Center for Bariatric Surgery and Level II Trauma Center Emergency Dept. Opening in 2004, Parker Adventist Hospital quickly flourished from a 56-bed community hospital to a 170-bed medical center. Parker is home to more than 1,100 highly-engaged, caregivers who love their work, their teams and live what it means to provide while person care - body, mind and spirit.
Don't forget to check out our benefits!