Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Tech Certified - On Call
at Centura Health
- SANHC SURGERY
- SNC-SA NORTH HEALTH CAMPUS
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to Centura Health – the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
Flourishing Begins Here
Centura Health is known for its leading surgical services, state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive procedures and the best in robotics technology. Here, you'll work in partnership and learn from exceptional physicians and incredible nurses that value your skills and share a passion for innovation and outcome excellence. A surgical tech or SPD role at Centura Health is not just an opportunity to be a difference-maker, it's the chance to harness the knowledge, support and potential that surrounds you.
The Surgical Tech works under the supervision of the surgeon and RN. Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed. Assists in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- One year of experience in a surgical setting preferred
- Experience in a specialty field preferred
- Basic Computer skills required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association required
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technician program required
- Current registration with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) as a surgical technologist for associates working in Colorado. * A person performing Surgical Tech functions within the scope of another Colorado license, certification, or registration does not need to register as a Surgical Tech.
- Certification in Surgical Technology from the National Board Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Certification as a Tech in Surgery from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality. Located in Westminster, Colorado, the St. Anthony North Health Campus offers inpatient and outpatient care with an emphasis on preventive health, wellness and health education for the flourishing communities of the Denver Metro North area. As the centerpiece of Centura Health’s “health neighborhood approach” we’re proud to offer integrated primary and specialty physician clinics, a Level III trauma center, a women’s center with labor/delivery suites, 100-inpatient beds and an outpatient diagnostic center with lab and imaging services.