Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Tech Certified, PRN
at Centura Health
- LUH SURGERY
- LUH-LONGMONT UNITED HOSPITAL
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
The Surgical Tech works under the supervision of the surgeon and RN. Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed. Assists in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Basic Computer skills required
- One year of experience in a surgical setting preferred.
- Experience in a specialty field preferred.
- HS GED, required
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technician program, required
- BLS-American Heart Association, required
- Current registration with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) as a surgical technologist for associates working in Colorado. * A person performing Surgical Tech functions within the scope of another Colorado license, certification, or registration does not need to register as a Surgical Tech, required.
- Certification in Surgical Technology from the National Board Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or Certification as a Tech in Surgery from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), required
Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
At Longmont United Hospital (LUH), we treat the entire patient to leverage the powerful the connection of body, mind, and spirit in the healing process. As a Planetree Designated® Hospital, staff members adhere to the highest possible standards and Healthgrades ranks us as one of the Top Hospitals in the Nation for Patient Experience. Here, your time at work will be spent with a supportive team of staff and leaders that value self-care, flexibility and development opportunities through cross-training and continuing education. Longmont, CO, is home to 2,000+ acres of parks, three public golf courses and numerous trails to hike, bike, walk or run. Located less than an hour away from the Rocky Mountain National Park (ranked the 4th most visited national park in the country in 2017 by the Denver Business Journal), you’ll have easy access to the very best Colorado has to offer.