City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Systems Analyst
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
The Business Analyst will supply software development, and business process expertise in understanding and meeting business needs; selecting/delivering/building technical solutions; and supporting production software applications and their users, across all of Public Works while coordinating with other city departments.
Public Works, Engineering Division
Plans, designs, constructs, and manages, capital improvement, utilities, intersection, facilities, and fence projects; reviews and approves civil engineering plans; and fulfills traffic engineering requests (i.e. evaluate the need for traffic signs and signals, review signal timing, coordinate construction detours, etc.)
The City of Aurora is pleased to offer:
- Additional advancement opportunities are available through Career Progressions and Promotions
- Training assistance through our online Learning Management System as well as a Tuition Assistance Program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
The City takes pride in seeing our employees succeed. Join us for a career, not just a job.
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
This position is scheduled to start in January of 2020.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first-come, first-serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act in a business analyst, and/or project manager role on projects
- Understand, document, design, and improve the Public Works business processes solution software and implement new policies to assist in meeting business goals
- Create, maintain, and update project documentation
- Assist Public Works and requesting departments with the implementation of new or maintenance releases of plans tracking and records management software
- Provide activity, schedule, metrics and/or revenue reports of project management disciplines
- Apply understanding of business and process needs to future system development
- Responsible for assisting the process of troubleshooting, documenting, implementing and maintaining modified applications
- Provide application support to resolve user issues
- Act as a team lead for the plans tracking staff in Public Works
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field
- At least four (4) years of business process design or business analyst
- Knowledge of development tools, relational databases, reporting/report generation, and flow chart software
- Knowledge in AMANDA/ACCELA processes, preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens
- Ability to effectively operate the specified electronic data processing equipment and software
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize assigned tasks with other employees or private contractors, specify project deadline and service recipient requirements when coordinating and prioritizing assigned tasks
- Proficiency with a variety of the following, AMANDA/ACCELA software, Oracle, Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio
- Requires organizational, written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex or technical concepts and terms to a broad spectrum of employees and managers.
Licenses or Certificates Required:
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a good driving history
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Hand/eye coordination to operate a computer and related equipment
- Speech and hearing to maintain communications with other employees
- Vision to read and produce design work
- Works primarily in a clean, comfortable environment
- Standard business and professional tools and equipment including computer and peripheral equipment
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and attach related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.