City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coding Recreation Programmer Part-Time
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department staff build healthy communities through parks, programs, and partnerships within the community. Phoenix provides residents more than 41,000 acres of desert parks and mountain preserves with more than 200 miles of trails; 182 spacious city parks; 32 community and recreation centers. This is a great opportunity to partner with local libraries and recreation centers providing instruction to audiences. We are looking for people with a passion to teach and grow within their new role.
The primary role of this position will be to introduce computer language (Coding) to children and teens in a classroom setting. The Coding Recreation Programmer will work independently under the general supervision of a Recreation Coordinator. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task, resolve problems, and work with a diverse customer base in a fast-paced environment. This position will travel to multiple community center and library locations.
There are currently part-time coding positions available in the Parks and Recreation Department.
First review of applicants will be conducted on February 18, 2019. This recruitment will close when a sufficient number of applications have been received.
$17.17 hourly. This position is classified as part-time and does not include benefits. Employees will have the opportunity to receive a free bus/light rail pass and earned paid sick time.
- Associates degree in related field.
- One year classroom teaching experience.
- Understanding of technology and some coding experience.
- A combination of experience in coding, teaching and education will be considered.
- Working irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
- Some positions in this classification require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business.
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Relevant teaching experience and/or leadership skills are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in one of the following technical fields: Programming in Java, HTML, Web Development, 3D Modeling and robotics.
- Engaging students of all ages in structured instruction and activities.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as MS Office.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish may be useful depending on location.
- Willing to teach 4 or more classes per week at multiple locations.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Recreation Programmer,41090, ID#30428, 02/04/19, 6 mos, CP, Benefits: none
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.