City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Systems Specialist
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Electronic Systems Specialist is responsible for the technical troubleshooting and evaluation of City downtown facilities and more than 600 metro area facilities for stand-alone, electronic, and network-based fire life safety (FLS) and security systems. Security systems include Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Access Control Systems (ACS), Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras and surveillance systems, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Audio/Visual and Recording Systems, Panic/Hold-up Systems, and Environmental and Emergency Communication Systems. The FLS systems include fire & life safety alarm, fire suppression and sprinkler systems, monitoring and notification systems. The FLS and Alarm Services Section also provides 24/7 technical support to internal and external customers and to the Police Department Central Monitoring Station (CMS).
This position conducts field assessments to evaluate facilities for the deployment, installation, service and maintenance of electronic systems; coordinates and directs all activities and personnel involved in the implementation and completion of FLS and security system projects involving operational, capital improvement, federal grant funding including but not limited to the design, scheduling, construction, business expansion, budget and code compliance; reviews, modifies, and provides technical recommendations for design and specification plans for new projects, tenant improvements and repair/maintenance projects; processes and initiates maintenance work requests to ensure adequate funding and cost effective repairs and inspects work for quality; works directly with customers to provide cost estimates to ensure adequate funding is garnered for system upgrades and replacements; conducts database programming, administration and training sessions with end users.
Currently there is one vacancy in the Public Works Department. This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of February 25, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$26.54 (minimum) - $32.80 (maximum) hourly / $55,203 - $68,224 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 2 Benefits
- Three years of journey level technical experience that consists of the design and engineering of FLS systems, physical security systems, and the installation and maintenance of the following specialized system(s) for commercial or governmental customers:
- Electronic intrusion detection, electronic access control, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), electronic fire alarms, fire suppression, fire sprinkler, ancillary fire protection, closed circuit television and surveillance camera, network based security systems, and technology based Audio/Visual intercom systems
- An associate’s degree (or two additional years of experience) in Electronics or a related field such as Electronic Engineering Technology or Computer Information Systems
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Knowledge of NFPA, IBC and Phoenix Fire Codes
- Moving objects weighing 50 pounds or more may be required
- Ability to climb ladders or steps to reach objects and work at heights greater than ten feet
- Ability to perceive the full range of the color spectrum in working with LED’s, color coded wires, etc.
- Position will be required to participate in an after-hours/weekend on-call rotation schedule
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Electronic Systems Specialist, JC: 74200, ID# 30412, 02/11/19, 6 mos, BR, Benefits: 002
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.