City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead User Technology Specialist
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix is seeking a Lead User Technology Specialist (LUTS) to provide enterprise technical hardware and software support for day-to-day operations and maintenance support for the City’s Microsoft Windows server, Windows 10 workstations, VMware vSphere infrastructure, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), CommVault Simpana backup recovery, and Active Directory (AD) environments. Responsibilities include the evaluation of technology, development of technical strategies and tactical plans, maintenance of technical system hardware and software, monitoring of systems and related software, disaster recovery planning and testing, vendor management, and cooperative participation with customers and partners to promote continuous service improvement. The LUTS performs day-to-day operational tasks to ensure that the Windows server and AD is working appropriately and available to the customer base and that any issues are being proactively resolved. Responsibilities also include for routine configuration, capacity, availability, and demand management.
There is currently a vacancy in the Phoenix Municipal Court responsible for administrative and technical studies and reviewing the development, modification, utilization, as well as having responsibility for the management and administration of local area network (LAN), server administration, virtualization, and end users. This includes operating systems, customer queuing systems, Windows Active Directory, court recording systems, applications, packages, database management systems, utilities, and related software. Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and coordinating the work of professional, technical, and non- technical staff;
- Preparing preliminary and long-range plans, estimates, and budgets;
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure equipment and services procured and installed meet requirements and specifications;
- Work with department representatives to develop cost effective solutions that meet operational requirements;
- Advising department in technical hardware/software matters as defined above;
- Analyzes, documents, and assists in publishing and maintaining administrative and system standards in conformance with information technology industry standards;
- Providing analysis support to users and long-range planning;
- Reviewing projects for conformance to established administrative, technical system, and operations standards;
- Reviewing proposed equipment and software proposals to determine the relative cost/benefit;
- Evaluating computer systems and/or telecommunications network performance and effectiveness
- System patch management
- Threat monitoring and remediation
- Overseeing courtroom audio recording systems, customer queueing system and related technologies
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes February 25,2019. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$66,518 - $99,195 annually.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:
- Two years of professional level experience providing technical support for system infrastructure and/or software,
- Plus, one year working in a large-scale environment and supervising highly technical staff; and
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, electronic systems engineering or a related field;
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Experience with Microsoft server technologies and their associated user management tools, including Active Directory, GPO, File, Print, DHCP, and DNS.
- Windows Server 2012/2016 experience.
- Experience with the Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience with VMware, including installation, maintenance, configuration and systems analysis.
- Experience creating and improving technical documentation; documenting the system specifications and design.
- Experience with audio/visual equipment support.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Lead User Technology Specialist, JC: 09780, ID# 30597, 2/10/19, 6 mos., SA, Benefits: 007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.