Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Admin II-HIT
at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Work Hours: 8am-4:30pm
Systems Admin II
- Position Highlights
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Employee Dining
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 11 years in a row!
Under the leadership of the department director and assistant director, the Systems Administrator II is responsible for Installing new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Arranges and administers security measures to restrict unauthorized use of data systems and databases. Coordinates any security investigations and executes preventative measures. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with operating systems. Detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems. Is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures for various operating systems. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- B.S. in Computer Science or in a technical field with heavy emphasis on operating systems and computer hardware. A combination of experience and educational background may be substituted for a degree.
- 2+ years systems operations, management and administration experience.
- Experience in a clustered environment.
- Knowledge of a system command language required. Knowledge of data processing concepts, computer operations procedures, and software applications.
- Familiarity with system monitoring tools.
- Ability to read and follow complex instructions, maintain written records, and communicate both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to multi-task, make independent judgments in solving problems and work as a team member.
- Familiarity with hospital application systems desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer