County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Technician III - Senior PC Technician
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in this classification. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Under general direction, performs advanced, specialized work of a technical nature, utilizing skills that require technical expertise and an understanding of complex technology processes while working with a significant amount of independent authority and judgment. Incumbents may lead a project team or provide expertise in information systems, including definition of user requirements, feasibility studies, design, program specifications, testing, and implementation; and performs other related duties as assigned.
This is the advanced journey level class in the Information Technology Technician job family. Incumbents at this level work under general direction, working from broad policies and towards general objectives and referring specific matters to a supervisor only when interpretation or clarification of organizational policies is necessary. This class is distinguished from the class of Information Technology Technicians I/II because incumbents in the Information Technology Technician III class perform complex level tasks and conducts research to recommend policy or procedural changes based upon technology advancements
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Serve as project lead on various system upgrades and maintenance.
- Research new technologies and make recommendations.
- Develop, document and train others on IT systems and best practice procedures.
- Perform hands-on technical upgrades and deployments.
- Managers and allocates workload when necessary and helps define priorities.
- Provides leadership by disseminating information, providing feedback, advising and coaching.
- Coordinates with other Technology Services teams as necessary to ensure excellent service.
- Handles service request escalations from entry and intermediate level positions.
- Acts as a primary resource for problem management and resolution.
- Manages desktop support projects.
- Researches, evaluates, tests and recommends new technologies beneficial for county employees.
- Mentors and trains team members to help develop and improve knowledge, skills and performance.
- Supervises, directs, and leads the team in the absence of the supervisor.
- Assigns service requests and/or projects to team members.
- Reviews work product of entry and intermediate positions to ensure adherence to policies, department procedures, and best operational and security practices.
- Handle escalated customer support issues efficiently keeping customer satisfaction high.
- Provide work direction, problem resolution, and training to other technical support personnel as needed.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or required
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field plus two (2) years of experience in functional areas stated above; OR any related combination of education from an accredited college or university or related experience in this occupation totaling six (6) years may substitute for the required education and experience and may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Supplemental Information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA'S)
- Operations, services, concepts, terms and activities common to a comprehensive, state of-the-art information technology program.
- Advance operational characteristics of local and wide area network systems.
- Advance operational characteristics of video systems.
- Advance operational characteristics of communication systems, equipment and devices.
- Advance operational characteristics of information technology, including computer hardware and software similar to those being used by Bernalillo County.
- Principles and practices of customer service.
- Advance operations, services and activities of a data center or server room.
- Advance methods and techniques of troubleshooting desktop computer and communications system hardware and software problems.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and process work to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and modify a variety communications and electronic equipment and systems.
- Operate, maintain and perform routine repairs on hardware, software and peripheral equipment similar to those used by Bernalillo County.
- Utilize specialized terminology if needed by the specific assignment.
- Read, understand and apply technical information pertaining to computer systems.
- Adapt quickly to changes in policies, procedures, assignments and work locations.
- Use the proper test equipment related to electronics maintenance and repair.
- Troubleshoot advance hardware and software issues and make minor repairs/adjustments.
- Work independently with minor supervision.
- Work collaboratively in a group environment, across multiple divisions.
- Learn and work with new and emerging technologies
- Work with a broad area of technologies.
- Follow-up and track assignment progress.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered during the course of the work.
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination and background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Employee must complete required FEMA training(s) as assigned to position.
- Depending upon assignment, some positions in this class may require possession of a valid New Mexico driver's license.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER