County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Records Management & Data Entry Technical
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general supervision, process, enter and cancel warrants. Perform administrative and business related duties in support of the Sheriff's Department; review reports; train entry-level records management staff. Research and provide warrant and report information to civilian, law enforcement and other community based agencies as applicable. Must be willing to read, approve and enter overall data related to active police reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and direct phone calls from general public, bail bond companies, courts and law enforcement agencies.
- Receive and respond to requests by phone or radio for verification of warrants and domestic violence orders.
- Perform moderately complex comparison of identities from law enforcement sources relating to warrants to confirm positive identification of subjects.
- Receive, deliver and pick-up warrants and domestic violence orders from the Court and other agencies as applicable.
- Process, code and enter misdemeanor and felony warrants into various computer systems and databases. Process, code and enter reports, warrants, court subpoenas and civil orders.
- Research and compile identification information necessary for the entry of felony warrants.
- Cancel warrants and make notification of such to appropriate agencies as authorized by proper authorities.
- Respond to requests for department related information from the public, district attorney, courts, other county agencies or other County Departments.
- Maintain records pertaining to daily transactions and business detail of the department such as time records, budget expenditures, preparation of personnel actions, etc. File and maintain records.
- Responsible for maintenance of department files, to include data, report entry and review for historical recordkeeping.
- Receive, enter and send all National Crime Information Center (NCIC) teletypes regarding warrants, reports, missing persons and compromised property.
- Knowledge of radio communications/radio transmission and the warrant Information Tracking System (WITS). Knowledge of procedures utilized in Warrants Section.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED plus one (1) year general clerical experience preferably in a law enforcement environment or related field preferred.
- Must certify in NCIC within 6 months of employment.
- Must be willing to organize, maintain and review data, historical records and police reports.
- Must be able to communicate in oral and written English.
- Knowledge of radio communications/radio transmission and the Warrant Information Tracking System (WITS). Knowledge of procedures utilized in Warrants Section.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written English.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the public, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Ability to operate standard office machines including typewriter, computer and multi-line telephone system.
- Supplemental Information
SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Must pass a background investigation and an oral board examination.
- Essential duties are typically performed indoors. An occasional duty may require employee to be outdoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Worker is exposed to intermittent, low-level noise factors.
- Work is performed on an even surface that may be carpeted or tiled.
- Worker primarily works alone, both with and without supervision.
- Work hazards or potential work hazards involve fast-paced and high stress in performing job duties.
- Shift work and on-call work will be required.
- Equipment used in performing duties includes computer, multi-line telephone, radio, photocopier, telephone, typewriter, calculator, automatic file, facsimile machine.
- Materials and products handled in performance of essential duties include: logs, paperwork, various forms, writing utensils, and manuals, computer print outs.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER