Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Building Tech
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The building maintenance technician is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and repair of a building or area. Duties can vary from day to day and a maintenance schedule may be implemented so time management skills are required. Building Maintenance Technicians need to have a good knowledge of building skills including plumbing, drywall installation, painting, and general building repair. Also will need to be adept at using a variety of hand and electrical tools. Experience in construction or certification from a technical school will be beneficial in this role.
Some knowledge of: Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance.
Experience: Performing semi-skilled maintenance and repair involving general building related trades work; using and maintain hand and power tools normally associated with carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical work. Valid Driver’s license.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Changing lights
- Replacing fixtures
- Replacing receptacles/switches
- Basic Troubleshooting
- Replace tank/bowl toilet parts
- Replace Flush valve toilet parts
- Remove and replace toilets
- Clearing clogged drains (urinal, toilet, main line)
- Looking for obvious signs of water intrusion
- Patching roof at point of intrusion
- Clearing roof and drains of debris
- General Maintenance
- Replacing ceiling tiles
- Patching Drywall
- Replacing door handles
- Key copying
- Filter Change
- Door Replace/repair
- Handle all service request or tasks in a timely fashion.
- If service request cannot be completed due to ordering parts or any other reason, appropriately notify maintenance supervisor.
- Contact Maintenance supervisor in the event an emergency arises day or night.
- Maintain workshop and storage areas in a clean orderly fashion.
- Keep company tools, equipment, and vehicles in properly maintained, good working order.
- Maintain Tiempo Customer Service Standards at all times. Consistently maintain a professional, Courteous attitude when dealing with tenant, co-workers and the general public.
- Work 6th day when needed
- Must be on-call per rotation schedule.
- Participate in continuous learning of building and maintenance procedures, safety procedures and applicable codes and building requirements.
- Seek guidance if need.
Job Responsibilities and Competencies
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Typical Working Conditions
Working conditions will vary by day/job. Ranging from working in occupied office building to outdoor summertime heat.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the commercial maintenance supervisor. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC Policies and procedures.