Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Evaluation and Data Analyst
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Research and Evaluation 1122 E. Buckeye Rd. Suite B-4 Phoenix, AZ 85034
R&E is responsible for quantifying and determining the impact CPLC has on the community and quantifying future trends through evaluation, policy and internal strategic performance efforts. The overall purpose of Research & Evaluation (R&E) is to gather information generated for and by CPLC, its programs, and its subsidiaries, to measure and quantify their activities. Based on this information, R&E provides management with the appropriate information that is utilized to plan the strategic direction of CPLC.
This position will provide research and evaluation support to the Vice President of Research and Evaluation. This will include reviewing literature for current and emerging programs/projects, defining evaluation requirements for CPLC programs; conducting training of site/program personnel regarding data collection and data management; completing site visits to ensure integrity in data management protocols; meeting evaluation and grant reporting deadlines; performing quantitative and qualitative analysis to generate statistical reports; writing reports addressed to multiple stakeholders.
In addition, this position may be called upon to analyze current and emerging policy issues that impact CPLC to define and direct public policy for CPLC at both the mission and business division levels.
- Knowledge of program evaluation theory and methods, including questionnaire design, data collection and cleaning, database management, data visualization and analysis.
- Working knowledge and experience in conducting process and outcome evaluations
- Strong foundation in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Working knowledge in using research and library databases as well as statistical software and Tableau.
- Must demonstrate collaboration, a willingness to provide and receive team feedback, dedication to the field and an intentional work ethic.
Formal Education: A Bachelor's degree in program evaluation, a social science discipline, public policy administration or related field., Master's preferred. Coursework in research design, organizational behavior and data analysis is required or related field), with significant knowledge in research methods and statistics, and 2 years' experience developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems, program evaluation, and statistical analysis.
Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus.
* Effective communication skills, ability to summarize and articulate salient points verbally
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and conduct evaluations for multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and identify trends
- Competent in the design of data collection tools and implementation of data collection methods for evaluation ( observation, survey design, focus groups, structured interviews, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and supervise large datasets
- Ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data and produce high quality reports and presentations, including data visualization
- Proficiency in SPSS and/or SAS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Tableau experience is a plus.
- Excellent project management skills including organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must take initiative, be self-motivated and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Must be open to growth and intellectually curious
- Leverage data from strategy, policy and evaluation to evaluate leading, lagging and future trends to provide conclusions and recommendations.
- Must be able to recognize patterns in data and quickly synthesize.
- Implement and manage evaluation designs for outcome measurement of CPLC programs
- Provide evaluation and research services to CPLC departments/programs/program directors, such as technical assistance on finding and using appropriate assessment and evaluation tools developing evaluation plans and using data for planning
- May develop environmental scans and needs assessments
- Participate in the write-up of evaluation and database needs for grant proposals
- Monitor the schedule for reporting and engage in revisions of the evaluation plans as needed
- Complete all steps of the research and evaluation process including questionnaire design, data collection and cleaning, database management, data visualization and analysis, and presentations to clients
- Assist or independently complete compliance reporting to Federal Agencies and Neighborworks.
- This position will be asked to support projects, teams and other functions within the R&E department
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to visit program sites and travel as needed.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Able to present technical information to personnel at all levels.
Work is performed in a structured environment
Employee will be expected to develop a professional development plan, participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills. Behaviors must align with CPLC's value of advancing and owning my professional and personal growth.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Research and Evaluation. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.