Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Specialist 1
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
IMTS 1024 E. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85034
The IT Help Desk Specialist will provide support to end users on a variety of IT/IS issues. Will identify, research, and resolve Tier 1 IT/IS technical problems. Will answer and respond to IT/IS client telephone calls and email requests for service. Will document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution. Will work closely with Tier 2 IT/IS team members as needed on issues needing desk side support and/or escalated issues. Will provide desk side support, as required.
- 2-year associates degree and 1-3 years of help desk support experience and/or technology certification or equivalent combination of relevant education, certification and technology experience
- Must have strong customer service, time management, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software issues
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Knowledge of Microsoft tools including Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of PC hardware
- Basic understanding of networking technologies and protocols such as basic IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, and VPN client configuration
- Experience with Active Directory a plus
- Experience with Windows Server a plus
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, help desk calls, and emails
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and move computer, network and A/V equipment
- Availability for on-call status
- Able to adapt to varying/change of work hours as necessitated depending on support need changes
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Self-Starter - The Help Desk Specialist can work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. They do not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. They are a self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy. The Help Desk Specialist works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
Customer Focus - The Help Desk Specialist will maintain a customer focus by understanding the customer’s viewpoint. They are viewed by customers as a business partner who anticipates their needs and assures there are no barriers to doing business.
Effective Communication Skills - The Help Desk Specialist uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. They are candid, clear and concise in communication. They use appropriate style, tone and delivery methods to effectively reach the intended audience.
Leadership/Team Orientation - The Help Desk Specialist displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization’s success. They effectively practice a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilize and inspire others to take action (situational leadership); and is willing and able to lead beyond their area of expertise.
Technical Skills - The Help Desk Specialist holds them self and others to high standards. They proactively strive to stay ahead of technical expertise and inspire others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
- Remotely configure, maintain, and support PCs and laptops
- Provide help desk support in-person/walk-ins and over the phone/remotely
- Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot a variety of software and hardware
- Create, manage, and maintain network/email/system accounts
- Troubleshoot remote access issues
- Install and support network printers and faxes
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Setup and troubleshoot mobile devices (e.g. Smartphone’s)
- Dependable, reliable and predictable attendance is a requirement
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to manage and assign helpdesk tickets
- Manage ticket life cycle
- Able to work and communicate effectively with field technicians/colleagues
- Able to work and communicate effectively with other department divisions
- Other tasks as assigned
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel.
The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copier and fax machines. Travel may be required to meetings/support calls in other office buildings/sites including local and domestic.