Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Promoter HIV Tester
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: CPLC Luces
Under general supervision, provides direct covered services to individual clients, coordinates with community support and stakeholders. Responsible for managing appointment schedule, conducting testing assessments, facilitating referrals, and participating in ongoing learning experiences.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a field related to case management such as social work, nursing, public health or other human services related field.
· Or High School Diploma and/or GED plus 4 years of combined volunteer and work experience comparable to professional knowledge
· Skills and abilities that documents experience in working with HIV positive individuals, or providing HIV/STD testing to high-risk individuals.
· Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and skilled at educating clients about HIV/AIDS and other STD’s.
· Able to work a flexible schedule on weekdays and weekends as needed per program requirements.
· Bilingual: English/Spanish skills. Must be able to communicate to Spanish speaking clients; considering the importance of knowing & communicating medical terminology in both languages.
· Must successfully complete the agency’s orientation and demonstrate competency regarding skills and knowledge per R9-20-204 (Article 2: Misdemeanor Domestic Violence Offender Treatment / Application or Renewal Approval Process).
· Have good organization and time management skills.
- Experience in educating clients about HIV and STDs, linkage to care, and making referrals
- Experience in assessment of client needs.
- Experience in interdisciplinary care coordination; monitoring of health and social service delivery to maximize efficient/cost effectiveness.
- Capable of providing reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of HIV, family violence, substance abuse and able to refer clients to appropriate resources.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate services with other treatment providers.
- Ability to attend and actively participate in team staffing.
- Ability to attend primary medical care appointments with clients when needed.
- Ability to provide medication adherence and monitoring education.
- Ability to effectively engage client’s and in some cases, their family members in treatment.
- Provide non-judgmental, unconditional support to clients.
- Must be able to communication to Spanish speaking clients.
- Experience in working independently and delivery of in-home services.
- Must be capable of working with diverse cultural population including LGBT community.
- Must have knowledge of the Ryan White healthcare system.
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to assist clients in securing such services.
- Must have access to safe transportation, valid Arizona driver’s license and automobile insurance as required in the State of Arizona. Must be willing to travel throughout Maricopa and Yuma County.
- Conducts follow up to service commitments, engagement, re-engagement for missed appointments
- Accurate data collection.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to travel within Maricopa, Pinal, and Yuma counties as needed. Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the LUCES Program Supervisor. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.