Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analytical Engineer - Rotordynamics / Bearings
at Curtiss-Wright Controls
We are hiring and seeking an Analytical Engineer who specializes in rotordynamics and bearing analysis!
The Opportunity | Analytical Engineer - Rotordynamics
EMD is searching for an Analytical Engineer with a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of five years in the field of rotordynamics and bearing analysis.
Department: Engineering Processes & Resources -- Dynamic and Hydraulic Analysis
Location: Cheswick, PA
- Plan and follow/lead rotordynamics and bearing analysis of Curtiss-Wright EMD equipment
- Development and/or interpretation of design specifications for fluid-film bearings
- Diagnose and trouble-shoot rotating machinery equipment malfunctions
- Application of FEA modeling to electro-mechanical equipment
- Compose and interpret technical specifications
- Perform analysis projects to achieve technical, cost, quality, and risk reduction goals
- Develop and demonstrate fundamental project planning skills and understanding of cost and schedule implications
- Perform complex data acquisition and analysis related to rotating machinery health monitoring
- Support design and analysis activities for low noise electro-mechanical equipment with high shock capability
- Prepare cost estimates, scopes of work and engineering schedules of high fidelity for the individual job function
- Understand customer perspectives and inputs and take appropriate responsive actions
- Perform field service and provide technical interface with customers as appropriate
- Prepare and deliver quality and professional technical presentations ranging from effective project team meeting presentations to formal design review or customer presentations
- Independently compose quality documentation and written communications.
- Contribute toward patents, technical papers, or articles
- Support and participate in design review activities
- Mentor other engineers in area of expertise and assist with training and evaluation of less senior personnel
- Perform work in accordance with procedures and instructions, CW policies, and safety, environmental, and security rules and guidelines
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited institution. MS or PhD a plus.
- Prior work experience of 5 or more years in the Rotordynamics/Bearing Design field
- Capable of creating and/or modifying fluid film bearing design software
- Must be capable of getting DOD confidential level clearance
- Effective composition, documentation, and presentation skills
- Some prior industrial experience in rotordynamics/bearing design testing and/or analysis is preferred.
- Software skills including Microsoft Office, Matlab, ANSYS, DyRoBeS or equivalent is a plus
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Be an innovative thinker and present theories/concepts in a professional manner
- Professionalism and commitment to quality and customer service
- Must be US citizen and be able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
EMD, a business unit of Curtiss-Wright in Cheswick, PA designs, manufactures, tests and provides after-market support for the most advanced, proven and reliable critical function pumps, motors, generators, seals, control rod drive mechanisms and power conditioning electronics available anywhere in the world today. Curtiss-Wright EMD has a long-standing and distinguished reputation for the design, development, manufacture and qualification of critical-function machining solutions for the United States Navy and the commercial nuclear utility industry.
Curtiss-Wright invests in the development, recruitment and retention of critical skills as part of its model for business success. We offer a competitive wage, a complete benefit package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, 401k retirement, tuition reimbursement, and vacations/holidays. http://www.emd.cwfc.com/