Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Software Development- After College Opportunity- Undergrad
at CVS Health
Basic understanding of the language, framework and testing capabilities of existing platform; Helps to translate business requirements into sound, creative designs that effectively weigh business and technical tradeoffs. Works at task level development.
* Works with a cross-functional team, uses agile practices, writes, debugs, and delivers code to more senior staff for review
* Ensures on-time delivery of owned features from design and implementation through to production troubleshooting
* Looks for and presents to senior staff, recommended fixes for problems in code
* Produces solid, thoroughly tested features with assistance from more advanced developers.
* Able to produce code based on defined requirements and implement feedback provided on work
* Broad understanding of core programming and computer science concepts
* Building reusable code for future use
In this role, you will obtain:
* Ability to think from an end-user perspective
* Ability to partner with various cross-functional teams for direction and consistency
* Good problem-solving skills
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Team player and great listener
* Fluency in the software development lifecycle
- 3+ months of internship experience in a related role
* Rally, Teams, Confluence and other cooperation tools
* Server-side CSS is a plus
* REST API is a plus
* Practical experience of testing tools like Webpack and Lighthouse is a plus
* Code versioning tools, such as Github is a plus
* You should currently be pursuing a Bachelors degree
* Have an anticipated graduation date between May 2020 and August 2021
* Have a 3.0 + cumulative GPA
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.