Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Scientist - Executive Advisor Analytics
at CVS Health
As the Executive Advisor of Data Science, you will work on complex data science and machine learning projects across CVS Retail Pharmacy portfolio. You will prepare data for analysis, build machine learning and optimization models, work with data engineering teams to deploy them in production and explain model outcomes to business partners to make sure they get implemented.
Your core responsibilities will include:
1) Translated business problem into modeling approach taking into account business requirements, data availability, development time / complexity and ability to scale. Oversee all project management activities including communications within project teams, stakeholder management, leadership updates, etc.
2) Prepare data for the analysis, in particular work with data engineering team to create modeling dataset, assess completeness and quality of data and perform feature engineering;
3) Develop machine learning or optimization models taking into account latest development in research and tech community
4) Work with business partners to design implementation and measurement approach
In addition we expect you to contribute to the team data science agenda by evaluating emerging software tools, datasets, customizing algorithms to CVS use cases, participating in data science conference and events and mentoring and developing junior data scientists.
* 10 years of experience within advanced analytics function of a corporation, tech startup or a consulting firm
* 3+ years of deep expertise in modern machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
* 5 years of experience with data management and model productionalization best practices, ability to write scalable, production level code
* 2+ years of expert level proficiency with common modeling tools and frameworks, e.g. Python, R, Scala, TensorFlow, etc.
* 5 years of project management skills with ability to lead and engage in multiple projects and initiatives and appropriately prioritize her/his own time as well as that of the direct reports.
Knowledge of the healthcare landscape including patient and payer concerns, as well as the operational considerations in support of the business objectives and analytics experience within the retail and/or healthcare industries is highly preferred.
Good written and oral communication and data presentation skills, with ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience, from the analytic professional to the senior business leaders.
Master's degree required in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field. PhD strongly preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.